Friday 29 January 2021

God's Wish List!

Once a devotee came to God and asked,

Are you pleased with my worship? Do you like my offerings? Is there any particular kind of offering that pleases you more, any particular flower, any sweet? Let me know, O Lord so I can offer it to you every day!”

God replied, “Nothing pleases me more than the loving heart with which you worship me!”

But the devotee insisted, “Do you love any particular flower…..are there any pushpams   (flowers) you prefer over others? Mandar (the red hibiscus), for instance?

At this urging, the Lord smiled and said, “Yes, there are certain pushpams I prefer over others…and whosoever offers those will certainly get my attention!”

The devotee was eager to please Him, “Just name them, O Lord -- I’ll find them wherever they grow and bring them to you, unfailingly!  

“There are eight of them that I particularly love!” the Lord answered and then, he began to enumerate them ….

The first one is ahimsa pushpamthe practice of non-violence.

The second indriya nigraham… control over senses.

The third is sarvabhoota daya pushpam…compassion for all living beings.

The fourth is kshama pushpam… forbearance, fortitude and forgiveness.

The fifth is shanti pushpam practice peaceful existence with minimizing of desires and ego.

The sixth is tapo pushpam practice penance and austerity in daily life with harmony in thoughts, words and deeds -- what you think, what you say and what you do should be consonance.

The seventh is dhyan pushpam….practice meditation in daily life for a few seconds every day.

And finally,

The eighth and last one is satya pushpamto pursue the truth at all costs as God is truth.

I caught myself wondering if I had been the devotee, how many offerings could I make Him?  Sadly, not one.

What was your rating? Do comment and let us know.  And as always, do share, follow and subscribe to leftrightthodasacenter.blogspot.com 

All image credits: Google


























No comments:

Post a Comment