Friday 15 January 2021

Tilache laddoo

 


After reading my post on Makara Sankranti, my sister-in-law, Sarita sent me a picture of the sesame laddoos she had made.  I asked her to share the recipe too.  She did, and here's me sharing the recipe with all of my beloved readers!

 

Ingredients:

1 cup white sesame seeds

½ cup groundnut seeds

½ cup sugar

1 tbsp ghee

 

Preparation Time:  

None

 

Cooking Time:  

10-15 minutes

 

Time to Make the Laddoos:  

Depends on your skill level!

 

Method:  

In a pan, dry roast the sesame seeds on a low-to-medium flame, until they splutter.  Set aside to cool.  In the same pan, still keeping the flame at low to medium, dry roast the groundnut seeds till they turn aromatic.  Once they cool, de-husk and grind them finely with the roasted sesame and sugar in a mixer grinder.  In a bowl, add one tablespoon ghee to the ground mixture and make small, ball-shaped laddoos.


My Tips:

  • Substitute the sugar with jaggery powder to relish an actual til-gul laddoo!
  • Grease your palms with a little ghee while making the laddoo


This is a super easy, no-fuss recipe.  Do try it out and share the results of your trial (including pictures) in the comments section.


Sarita is a great cook.  I have asked her to share the recipes of some of her yummy, not-so-common dishes that she keeps treating us to.  Do keep an eye out for the label  "Sarita Vanjari" the next time you visit this blog.

 

If you liked this recipe and other posts, please do share and subscribe to the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment